Van Alstyne High School Library
We are open to serve you from 7:45 till 4:00 PM each school day.
MackinVia is the platform for all of our digital resources. Use the above link to access research databases, audiobooks, videos, ebooks, and enhanced ebooks. Students login with their student email addresses. Upon initial login the password is 1panther, but should be changed according to the individual's preference. Do this in the "Profile" section at the top of the page once login is complete.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks and renewed for longer periods of time.
- There is a charge of $.05/day for overdue items.
- Books returned one day late will have their fines waived.
- There is a charge for lost or damaged materials.
- Chromebooks and textbooks are checked out through the library for use throughout the school year. They must be returned to the library in May. Damages to Chromebooks and textbooks are assessed and charged to student accounts. All accounts must be clear before withdrawal or graduation.
Other Library Services:
- Computers are available for student use.
- Entire classes can come accompanied by their teacher but need to be scheduled with the librarian.
- E-books are always available and can be checked out through use of the online catalog or MackinVia--even on weekends and in the summer. Students obtain login credentials from the librarian.
- Chromebooks are assigned for the entire school year. However, if a student isn't assigned one, Chromebooks are available for checkout on a one-day basis. All Chromebooks are managed (distributed, repaired, returned, and paid for) through the library.
- Laminating is done in the library for academic purposes.
I have a BS in Interdisciplinary Studies, and after teaching second and sixth grades for sixteen years, I earned my Masters in Educational Technology Library Science. Being a librarian had always been one of my life goals. Our library is the hub of the school that offers an environment where all feel welcome!
Mrs. Hill, Librarian
It is essential that copyright laws be respected, especially in the academic realm. Here is a link to an expert on copyright law, a former library professor turned copyright attorney. http://www.carolsimpson.com/
Use this link to complete and submit a request for particular titles: